How Much Does Cosmetic Dentistry Cost
Cosmetic dentistry in chapel hill north carolina includes dental procedures that have the goal of improving or enhancing the appearance of a smile. Cosmetic procedures are usually focused on improving the color, position, shape, size, or alignment of teeth. Yes, it may seem like a luxury to get dental work that’s only purpose is to improve the look of your smile. But in reality, our smiles are important and a cosmetic procedure will go a long way to improving your overall quality of life. You may be surprised to find out that the cosmetic dental procedure you have always wanted may be affordable to you. Below is information to help you get a better idea of the expected costs of popular cosmetic procedures.
Estimated Cost by Procedure
Cosmetic dentistry procedure costs can vary widely and will be impacted by factors such as your location, your dentist’s experience and training, and your overall oral health. But additionally, procedure costs will vary based on the type of procedure. For example, a professional whitening procedure will not cost the same as getting custom-made porcelain veneers. Here are the estimated costs for a few of the more popular cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Teeth whitening: If your teeth are stained or discolored, you may be interested in getting a professional whitening. The procedure is simple, non-invasive and relatively low-cost. If you go to a dentist to get your teeth professionally whitened, you should expect to pay between $200 and $400.
- Porcelain crowns: Crowns are designed covers that fit over the surface of teeth. Crowns fix cosmetic issues including tooth shape and size. They will also help restore the strength of a broken or fractured tooth. Crowns are usually made from porcelain and will vary in cost between $700 to $1200 for each crown.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are custom-made porcelain covers designed to be secured to the front of teeth. Because veneers are a custom and more permeant solution for general issues with appearance, the procedure can be costly, approximated up to $700-$1,200 per tooth.
- Tooth color bonding: Dental bonding is a tooth-colored material that is directly applied to teeth and then shaped and polished to improve their appearance. Bonding is used for a variety of cosmetic fixes, including repairing chipped, cracked, or misshapen teeth. Bonding is not only efficient, but also a relatively affordable solution to cosmetic problems. The procedure usually costs between $150 to $400 per tooth.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement option. Implants are installed in several procedures over a few months. First, a metal post is placed securely into the jaw bone. Next, a few months later, a porcelain replacement tooth is attached to the post. Because it is a permeant tooth replacement option, implants are an investment and are estimated to cost between $1,500 to $2,000.
Is cosmetic dentistry covered by dental insurance?
In general, dental insurance policies cover the cost of oral health care needs and preventive services. This means that cosmetic dentistry is not usually a priority of insurance companies. However, some policies do cover some or all of the costs of cosmetic procedures. The best way to find out if you can afford the cosmetic procedure you are interested in is to start by contacting your insurance company.
More on Cosmetic Dentistry : Finding the Right Cosmetic Dentist
High-Quality Dental Care
At Cornerstone Family Dentistry in Chapel Hill, all our services are performed with the patient in mind. We want you to feel comfortable in the dental chair, confident in our work, and most importantly, we want you to fall in love with your smile again. If you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about cosmetic procedures that we offer, please contact us at (919) 595-1010.