InvisalignⓇ Chapel Hill
fall in love with your smile
InvisalignⓇ for a Straight, Healthy Smile
Invisalign is a popular alternative orthodontic treatment to traditional wire and bracket braces. Because they are made of clear, flexible plastic, Invisalign is an especially popular treatment option for clients who are concerned about the aesthetic appearance of their orthodontic support. Invisalign trays are also thin and removable, making them far more comfortable and much less restrictive than traditional braces.
Invisalign is effective in handling the following issues:
- Crooked Teeth
- Cross Bites
- Over Bites
- Under Bites
- Crowded Teeth
- Spaces and Gaps Between Teeth
Invisalign can be a wonderful option for patients who are looking for a long-term solution for improving the health and aesthetic appearance of their smile. If you would like to learn more about Invisalign, please read below, or contact our staff who will be happy to answer any of your questions and/or set up a consultation.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about our treatment options, please contact our office at (919) 595-1010. We look forward to creating the smile you have always desired a reality for you.
How Invisalign Works
Although not every person is a good fit for Invisalign, it is a good idea to schedule a consultation with your dentist if you feel you would like to pursue this treatment option. At the initial consultation, your dentist will take images of your mouth and teeth to determine whether Invisalign is an appropriate treatment to address your needs and concerns. If Invisalign is right for you, a treatment plan will be developed and customized aligners will be designed to address your unique needs. Once the trays are ready, you will schedule a follow up appointment where they will be fitted. Treatment plans will vary from patient to patient, but on average your trays will needed to be adjusted and realigned every two to three months. To achieve maximum results, it is important that you wear your trays for at least 2022 hours each day.
If at any point your trays are causing you discomfort, please contact our staff to have them evaluated.
Proper Care Improves Longevity of the Invisalign
To continue enjoying the benefits of your Invisalign, be sure to practice good oral hygiene habits every day. If you follow these best practices, your Invisalign should last you a long time.
- Brush twice daily (minimum) and practice proper brushing technique. In addition to brushing regularly, it is also important to brush effectively. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have about proper brushing techniques.
- Floss daily. If you are someone who tends to avoid flossing, you may want to consider flossing alternatives, such as interdental brushes or floss picks.
- Be mindful of your diet. One of the best ways you can prevent dental issues from developing is to avoid foods that are sugary or high in starch. If you do drink soda or sugary beverages, try to use a straw to limit exposure of sugar to your teeth. It is also important to swish your mouth with water following meals, as doing so can dislodge food remnants, which, if left alone can create future tooth decay.
- Schedule regular dental exams. Unchecked dental issues can result in additional issues and progression of decay, which is why it is so important to visit your dentist every six months. In addition to providing a deep clean for your teeth and diagnosing potential issues before they progress, these regular checkups also allow your dentist to monitor the status of your Invisalign.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign has become a popular orthodontic treatment over the past few years, and the reasons why are clear. In addition to being less visible than traditional braces, Invisalign also delivers results faster. While traditional braces generally meant three or more years of treatment to correct orthodontic issues, Invisalign can potentially align patient’s teeth as quickly as in 12 months.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Comfortable and Safe: Unlike traditional braces where the wires or brackets can irritate the mouth, Invisalign trays are made of a comfortable flexible plastic that is also FDA-approved.
- Virtually invisible: Because the trays are clear and thin and fit tightly over your teeth, they are also practically imperceptible.
- Customized to your unique needs: Invisalign trays are customized to comfortably address your unique dental needs in an efficient manner.
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign can be quickly removed before a meal or while brushing your teeth.
- Low maintenance: Because Invisalign is removable, you can simply remove the aligners and brush them and your teeth before placing them back in. As a result, Invisalign is much less likely to cause damage to the teeth or cavities.
- Enhanced self-esteem: Patients who complete Invisalign treatment also feel much more confident in their smile and overall appearance.
High-Quality Dental Care
At Cornerstone Family Dentistry in Chapel Hill, all our services are performed with the patient in mind. We want you to feel comfortable in the dental chair, confident in our work, and most importantly, we want you to fall in love with your smile again. If you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about cosmetic procedures that we offer, please contact us at (919) 595-1010.