How Much Does Emergency Dentistry Cost?
If you or a loved one have an oral emergency, the costs of chapel hill emergency dentist services may be the furthest thing from your mind. It is important to focus on treating the emergency has quickly and safely as possible first. Your first step should be to call your dentist, discuss the injury with them or their nurse, or call an emergency dental service number. However, it is always good to be prepared for emergency dental costs.
The cost of emergency dental services can vary depending on several factors:
- What the emergency is?
- How severe is the emergency? For example, have you lost one tooth or several?
- Where do you live?
- Is there tissue damage involved?
The most common oral injuries that may require emergency dental services include root canals, fractured or chipped teeth, and repairing lost or broken crowns.
Estimated costs of emergency dentistry services
As mentioned, the costs of getting any emergency dental procedures performed really depends on numerous factors. Here is a bit more information by type of procedure:
- Root canals: An emergency root canal may be necessary if the root of the tooth becomes severely infected. In general, root canals are not one of the more expensive treatments. The price of the procedure will vary depending on the location of the infected tooth. A front tooth can cost between $600-$1,000 and a bicuspids or molar may cost between $800-$1,900 to treat.
- Fractured or chipped teeth: Chipping of cracking a tooth is a very common oral injury. Whether it is from a sports-related accident, an accidental fall, or just eating, tooth injuries happen. The cost of repairing a fractured or chipped tooth can vary greatly depending on how seriously the tooth is damaged. A chip may be simply repaired with dental bonding at a non-emergency appointment, where as a severe fracture to the tooth may result in a tooth needing to be extracted. Extraction can be costlier and range between $75-1,200.
- Dental crown repair: Dental crowns are a treatment method used to fix a broken tooth. Today, crowns are custom-made in a dental lab. The most common type of crown are porcelain crowns made from ceramic. Crown repairs may require more than one dental visit because a crown will need to be ordered from the lab. Dental crowns range from $1,100 to $3,000.
Accidents and emergencies can happen, but you shouldn’t be blindsided by excessive costs. The best way to get a good idea of the costs you should expect from getting emergency dental services, is to assess the severity of the emergency you are dealing with and then do a little research. If time allows it, call your insurance, your dentist, or other providers in the area and find a provider who fits in your price range. Many injuries may need some immediate attention and your dental office should provide instructions over the phone. Make sure you follow the instructions that you are given prior to the trip to the dentist.
More on Emergency Dentistry : What is Emergency Dentistry?
High-Quality Dental Care
At Cornerstone Family Dentistry in Chapel Hill, all our services are performed with the patient in mind. We want you to feel comfortable in the dental chair, confident in our work, and most importantly, we want you to fall in love with your smile again. If you would like to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions about cosmetic procedures that we offer, please contact us at (919) 595-1010.